- 06-Feb-2017 to 07-Apr-2017 (EST)
- Columbus, OH, USA
- Full Time
Position Title: Customer Insight Manager
Department: Sales and Marketing
Pay Grade: E2
The Customer Insight Manager works in collaboration with all other business units to guide execution strategies for active products and product enhancements, as well as contributing to the long-term product portfolio. This includes the management of incoming product ideas, the creation of product requirements, and ensuring that upcoming products meet the necessary goals to be beneficial to the company strategy.
Essential Responsibilities of the Job:
- Collaborate with the marketing and engineering teams to create project requirement documents.
- Coordinate specifications and assist in executing Fast Track projects.
- Design and manage Idea Repository, ensuring that it complements our product roadmap process. This includes evaluation and follow up activities with the idea submitter.
- Maintain knowledge of current and emerging trends in the industry, including new technology, reimbursement environment and customer trends that might be incorporated into future projects.
- Work closely with sales and marketing to determine long-term product strategies.
- Provide input to design engineers in order to meet established product vision.
- Interprets and integrates research data from the business intelligence group, draws meaningful conclusions, and translates data into business insights and recommendations that satisfy corporate goals.
- Conduct or coordinate market research in support of potential or existing projects.
- Aid in developing the positioning and messaging for existing and new products.
- Evaluate existing products against various performance metrics and communicate findings and recommendations to the Marketing group.
- Serve as a technical marketing representative as needed (e.g. training and education)
- This may include attending trade shows to work booth and attend competitor workshops
- Work closely with Director of Product Management and Accounting to establish pricing that will meet profitability goals.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Essential Skills Needed for the Job:
The Customer Insight Manager must be able to understand and relay user needs, market trends, and technical information across a variety of internal audiences (sales and marketing, development teams, clinical care, etc).
Required Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- A related Bachelor's degree in marketing, engineering or business experience may be substituted for education at a 2-to-1 rate.
- Strategic thinking and a demonstrated ability to provide and articulate the future vision for Product Development
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and problem solving skills in order to collaborate with customers, staff and management
- Demonstrated success defining and launching products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Flexibility in terms of dealing with changing priorities and dealing with multiple projects simultaneously
Desired knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Product development experience
- Demonstrated ability to identify and source new product ideas.
- Understanding of prosthetic components and biomedical engineering concepts