- 18-Apr-2017 to 12-Jul-2017 (EST)
- Research & Technology
- Columbus, OH, USA
- Full Time
Excellent opportunity to make a difference in what you do! Come work as a Research Engineer for a progressive company that is making a significant impact in people's lives.
We are WillowWood, a well-established industry leader in providing prosthetic and orthotic products to clinicians and amputees around the world. Your efforts will be vital in helping us achieve our vision of "leveling the playing field" between physically unchallenged people and all people who find themselves challenged due to limb loss or limb dysfunction.
The Research Engineer is key to helping us to develop scientific knowledge about our current and future products. You will be responsible for designing, conducting, publishing, and presenting scientific research studies related to enhancements in prosthetics and orthotics; gathering and evaluating clinical data for patient-based outcome testing; translating laboratory research into useful information for clinical practitioners; identifying funding sources for product research; writing grant applications and reports; managing funded projects; evaluating and developing new technology for use in prosthetics and orthotics. Other duties and activities you'll be involved in include:
- Working closely with our New Product Development team
- Supporting WillowWood Intellectual Property processes, including applying for and reviewing patents.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
In addition to being passionate about what you do and dedicated to our mission and vision, Research Engineers with the best chance of success will also need the following:
- A graduate degree in Biomedical Engineering or a related field.
- A basic understanding of statistical analysis and a variety of measurement systems, such as dimensional, mechanical loads, motion, electrical, and thermal.
- At least two years of experience designing, conducting, publishing, and presenting scientific research studies.
- Previous experience developing engineering designs, including building prototypes.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A workplace that values the individual and treats everyone as family
- Competitive salary
- Competitive benefits package
If you're ready to make a difference and take the first steps toward a challenging and rewarding position apply today!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran