- 14-Oct-2016 to 13-Mar-2017 (EST)
- Mt. Sterling, OH, USA
- 60,000 - 80,000
- Full Time
The Operations Engineer is involved with the development, testing and implementation of manufacturing equipment to be used in the production of prosthetic and orthotic products. Position will lead a cross functional team of engineering, accounting and manufacturing personnel and use project planning processes to accomplish those tasks.
The engineer is also involved with process yield and quality optimization efforts throughout the manufacturing operation. Position is heavily involved in writing and updating process work instructions for manufacturing personnel and day to day production support activities.
Essential Responsibilities of the Job
- Help to develop equipment and processes to improve manufacturing efficiency and allow new product capabilities by working with other plant engineering groups.
- Lead a small team of CO-Ops and technicians in installing ad debugging new production equipment.
- Create and update work instructions for manufacturing personnel on equipment operation and train them on use of new equipment.
- Work with external suppliers to assure that raw materials meet WillowWood requirements. Assist in inspection/evaluation of incoming raw materials when requested to do so.
- Audit supplier operations and processes and internal operations as specified by ISO requirements.
- Work with manufacturing and quality personnel on a daily basis to insure continuous improvement of production processes.
- Design and evaluate experiments for process improvement using statistical techniques.
- Troubleshoot manufacturing processes as required.
Essential Skills Needed for the Job
Position requires a creative, self motivated engineer who is reliable, hardworking, data driven and can interface with a wide range of plant personnel. The engineer should be able to develop and use data to determine the root cause of manufacturing problems and develop countermeasures accordingly. The Position requires a Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline.
- Bachelor degree in engineering required.
- Three to five years of engineering experience preferred.
- Education requirement may be substituted with experience based on a 2:1 substitution ratio
- Project planning capabilities
- Knowledge of appropriate software.
- Ability to identify critical path items.
- Ability to work with cross functional teams to identify and eliminate bottlenecks.
- Experience with CAD, preferably Solidworks is preferred
- PLC programming experience is preferred.
- Understanding of pneumatic and hydraulic systems and presses.
- Experience with molding plastics, silicon and/or urethane is preferred.
- Knowledge of design of experiments and use of statistical techniques.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Scope of the Job
Indicate the total number of employees reporting to this position:
- 1-3 Non Exempt
List the titles of the jobs reporting to this position:
- Engineering CO-OPs
Indicate the type of supervision exercised:
- Lead worker (performs work & leads work via coaching, guiding etc.)
Identify key positions with which this position interacts.
- Operations Manager
- Facility Manager
- Production Supervisors
- Engineering Manager
- Development Technicians
- Maintenance Technicians
Physical Demands of the Job:
How much on-the-job time is spent in the following physical activities?
- Stand, Walk and Sit 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, taste or smell under 1/3 of the time
- Talk or hear over 2/3 of the time.
- Lifting more than 100 pounds under a 1/3 of the time.
How much exposure to the following environmental conditions does this job require?
- Wet or humid conditions (non-weather), fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outdoor weather conditions, risk of electrical shock and vibrations under a 1/3 of the time.
- Work near moving mechanical parts over 2/3 of the time
- Loud Noises: (examples: metal can manufacturing department, large earth-moving equipment)
The preceding job description documents the general nature and level of work but is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all activities, duties and responsibilities required of job incumbents. Consequently, job incumbents may be asked to perform other duties as required.